Cardiffians

PRESENTING UNIQUE PHOTOS OF OLD CARDIFF FOR OVER 15 YEARS!

FORUM STATUS PAGE

The forum is down at present.

In July 2020, the website and/or forum was hacked.  I was able to resecure the site and my account, with the help of my hosting provider, which led to my upgrading to SSL.

The forum (powered by SMF) may have been the source of this issue.  Therefore, it was completely disabled to prevent further attacks and potential loss of data.

No personally identifiable information is stored on this website, and there was no evidence of any data being stolen.

But four years on, due to my lack of knowledge and experience, I still don't know how to reinstall the forum wthout losing the only backup I have of the posts and user details.

I have saved a copy of the SQL database, but at this time I can't see a solution to this problem, which means I may never able to restore the 10 years worth of posts!  I am very sorry to all concerned who may be affected.

I will likely need to delete everything, set up a brand new hosting provider with increased security, transfer everything over and reinstall the website and forum from stratch.  This will be the safest way to proceed

As a (not so great) interim solution, I have integrated Disqus into most of the site pages.  Please feel free to use this system for leaving comments and questions.

If there are any volunteers who woiuld be willing to help me resolve the forum problem, please get in touch.

Thanks for your patience.

PAGE UPDATE HISTORY

03 April 2024 (Coding and content updates)
04 July 2020 (Page Created)

[an error occurred while processing this directive]